Information Publication Scheme
Part 2 of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) established the Information Publication Scheme (IPS) for Australian government agencies subject to the FOI Act. The IPS commenced on 1 May 2011 and requires agencies to make a broad range of information available online where possible.
Information about how we will meet the IPS obligation is available in our IPS plan:
Who we are
Find information about our key people, organisational structure, statutory appointments and employment arrangements.
What we do
We have four main areas of focus:
- Transforming the structure of telecommunications
- Enhancing the broadcasting sector
- Realising the digital economy
- Enabling a good consumer experience
Further information about our activities is available from our home page.
Our reports and responses to Parliament
Find information about our reports and responses to Parliament:
- Department Annual Reports
- Departmental Contracts Senate Order
- Departmental Grants Senate Order
- Senate Order on Indexed Lists of departmental files
- Senate order on board appointments
Find information about consultations:
Routinely provided information and FOI disclosure log
Find information on routinely accessed documents, including FOI requests and documents released in response to FOI requests.
Information about our priorities is provided in the Corporate Plan.
Find information about our finances and procurement procedures.
- Annual procurement plan (AusTender website)
- Procurement support to other agencies
- Legal Services expenditure
- Funding reporting, including discretionary grants and 7 day listing of grants
- Contracts notices (AusTender website)
Our data sets
We will publish our data sets to www.data.gov.au.
We can be contacted from our Contact us page.
Freedom of Information Officer contact details are available on the FOI page.
Web content accessibility
We will ensure, to the extent possible, that all online information it publishes under the IPS conforms to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (Version 2) (WCAG 2.0).
We will ensure that optional information published on our website conforms with WCAG 2.0 in accordance with the timeframe in Annexure B of our IPS Plan.
There may be documents on the IPS page that are currently not available in html format. If you are unable to read the format provided please contact us. A charge may be imposed to reimburse us for the cost incurred in reproducing the information or sending it to you. We will try to meet all reasonable requests for an alternate format of the document in a timely manner and at the lowest reasonable cost to you.