Telecommunications contract and grant registers
Register of public interest telecommunications contracts
The register of contracts includes the following information:
- The name of the contractor.
- The duration of the contract.
- The value of the contract.
- A summary of the actions to be undertaken by the contractor under the contract.
- A description of the services, facilities or customer equipment to be supplied by the contractor.
Register of public interest telecommunications grants
The register of grants includes the following information:
- The name of the grant recipient.
- The value of the grant.
- A summary of the terms and conditions requiring action to be undertaken by the grant recipient.
- A description of the services, facilities or customer equipment to be supplied by the grant recipient.
The Department currently has one public interest telecommunications grant.
Communications Accessibility Grant: Konnekt Pty Ltd
Grant duration: 26 March 2020 to 25 March 2021
Grant value: $250,000 GST inclusive
The services to be delivered by the grant recipient:
The purpose of the grant is to assist those deaf, or hearing or speech impaired Australians, who may also have a cognitive impairment, maintain continued access to a telecommunications service that meets their needs. In response to the identification of this cohort, the Department identified Konnekt's Captioning Videophone system as a solution to support the needs of this cohort. The provision of this grant is intended to expedite the production and delivery of Konnekt's Captioning Videophone devices.
Terms and conditions to be met by the grant recipient:
Konnekt is required to use grant funds in line with the relevant grant agreement. This agreement dictates the eligible activities and costs in which grant funds can be used, and Konnekt is required to provide regular reporting to the Department on the progress of these activities.