Contact us form
Switchboard and general inquiries:
- 1800 254 649 (free call) or
- 02 6271 1000 (international +61 2 6271 1000)
The switchboard is open Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (Australian Eastern Time) except for public holidays in the Australian Capital Territory.
Journalists and media organisations:
- See our media centre
- 02 6271 1901 (international +61 2 6271 1901)
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment:
Contact the department through the National Relay Service:
- Contact us through the National Relay Service http://relayservice.gov.au/support/training/nrs-call-numbers/
- Quote the department's number: 02 6271 1000.
For more information, visit: http://www.relayservice.gov.au.
Translating or interpreting services
Telephone 131 450 for help with English from Translating and Interpreting Service National. You can get support for more than 120 languages and dialects at any time of the day or night.
Department of Communications and the Arts
GPO Box 2154
Canberra ACT 2601
38 Sydney Avenue
Forrest ACT 2603
To send email to officers in the department, use the format firstname.lastname [at] communications.gov.au.
Australian Business Number (ABN)
51 491 646 726