Working with us
Some benefits of working for us are:
- a competitive salary with opportunities to develop your career in policy and program areas that affect all Australians
- ongoing training and development opportunities
- access to study assistance
- access to new technology to support flexible work arrangements
- flexible working hours
- generous leave conditions
- an attractive superannuation scheme
- in-house capability development programs
- an excellent wellbeing program and social club.
- a focus on diversity and inclusion in the workplace with staff-led network groups including a Gender Equality Network; LGBTQI+ Pride and Allies network; Disability and Allies network; Indigenous staff network and Carers’ network.
Our health and wellbeing program helps us provide a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, contractors and visitors. We encourage a best-practice health and safety culture to build our high standards of health, safety and rehabilitation.
The program includes healthy living month, seminars and activities that focus on the social, mental and physical health of our employees, free influenza vaccinations, access to carer's and wellbeing rooms, eye testing, and physical activities such as inter-departmental sporting challenges..
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program is a confidential, professional short-term counselling service. All our staff can access the program online or as a face-to-face service during work hours (by appointment) and by telephone during or outside of work hours. It is a free service for our employees and their immediate families.
Learning and development
Our employees have access to ongoing learning and development throughout their careers including:
- an induction program for new employees
- a broad range of eLearning programs and digital learning resources
- various training programs including a range of short courses for workplace and business skills
- development programs to build management and leadership skills
Our studies assistance program. It helps our employees develop their work-related skills through access to:
- up to 75 hours paid leave per semester for formal study
- financial assistance of up to $5000 per calendar year to go towards fees.
We work in a modern office environment and our carers’ and wellness rooms are a quiet place where you can work while providing care for immediate family members.
Diversity and inclusion
We are an inclusive employer and promote, value and support diversity among our employees. We have a three year Diversity and Inclusion Strategy which helps us to focus our efforts and ensure our workforce reflects, respects and benefits from diverse communities including Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, carers, LGBTIQ+ and people with disability.
Flexible work options
We offer a range of flexible work options to all employees, including part time work, work from home and job share. These arrangements can be accessed on an ongoing basis or ad hoc as required to help you balance your work and life commitments.