Information on the graduate pathway.
We are seeking motivated Graduates to join our 2021 Graduate Program with a vision for Australia’s future and a willingness to identify problems and implement innovative solutions.
We accept applicants from all disciplines and offer broad exposure to the operations of the department. You will complete 3 placements to complement your ongoing development, allowing you to participate in diverse projects and learn how different areas work.
The most sought after degrees for our program include:
- Public Policy
- Law and Legal Studies
- Property and Built Environment
- Education and Human Welfare
- IT and Computer Sciences
- Project Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Economics and Business Administration
- Health and Medical Sciences
- Communications, and
- Arts and Social Sciences
We’re also interested in your research, analysis, written communication and project management skills.
Placement opportunities and responsibilities vary significantly and could see you:
- administering programs that encourage participation and excellence in arts and culture
- regulating airports
- implementing the Smart Cities Plan
- developing policy for broadband, mobile connectivity, media and online security
- contributing to policy that supports and protects our cultural heritage
- working on the development of the Inland Rail or Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird) Airport
- providing advice on strengthening our national broadcasters and postal services
- advising Government on national communications and arts projects, and Australia’s digital future
- applying economic analysis and modelling to support policy and advice through the Bureau of Communications and Arts Research.