There has been exponential growth across total volume downloads in Australia.

See below for full description of graph

The internet activity survey captures the total volume of data downloaded (for ISPs with more than 1,000 subscribers). The graph displays the exponential growth across total volume downloads between June 2010 (155,503) and June 2015 (1,388,648), equating to an increase of approximately 800%. The composition of the total downloads is also displayed. Fixed-line represented 91% of total downloads in June 2010 while wireless represented the remaining 9%. In June 2015, the fixed line representation increased to 97% of total downloads, whilst the wireless representation decreased to 3%.

Source: Visualisation produced by the Bureau of Communications Research. Information sourced from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2015, Internet Activity Survey, volume of data downloaded, cat. no. 8153.04.