Cost-Benefit Analysis and Review of Regulation
NBN Panel of Experts
On 12 December 2013, the Government announced the terms of reference for the Cost-Benefit Analysis and Review of Regulation of NBN. The review considered the economic and social costs and benefits arising from the availability of broadband of differing properties via various technologies and made recommendations on the role of Government support and regulation of the industry.
The Government appointed a Panel of Experts comprising Dr Michael Vertigan AC, Ms Alison Deans, Professor Henry Ergas and Mr Tony Shaw PSM to conduct the review. Dr Vertigan has been appointed as Chair.
- NBN Panel of Experts - Terms of Reference (PDF, 8.0 KB)
- NBN Panel of Experts - Terms of Reference (DOC, 25.0 KB)
Panel reports to Government
The panel has provided a following reports to Government on:
- The Statutory Review under section 152EOA of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010
- The Independent Cost-Benefit Analysis of Broadband, and associated papers.
Consultation and working documents
As part of its deliberations, the panel released the following papers:
- Cost-Benefit Analysis – Analytical Framework.
- Regulatory Arrangements Paper
- Regulatory Framing Paper
- Forecasting Australian Per-Household Bandwidth Demand.
Contact us in regards to cost-benefit analysis and regulation review at NBNReview@communications.gov.au