Cost-Benefit Analysis and Review of Regulation
NBN Panel of Experts
On 12 December 2013, the Government announced the terms of reference for the Cost-Benefit Analysis and Review of Regulation of NBN. The review will analyse the economic and social costs and benefits arising from the availability of broadband of differing properties via various technologies and make recommendations on the role of Government support and a number of other longer-term industry initiatives.
The Government has appointed a Panel of Experts comprising Dr Michael Vertigan AC, Ms Alison Deans, Professor Henry Ergas and Mr Tony Shaw PSM to conduct the review. Dr Vertigan has been appointed as Chair. The panel will provide a report to Government within six months.
- NBN Panel of Experts - Terms of Reference (PDF, 8.0 KB)
- NBN Panel of Experts - Terms of Reference (DOC, 25.0 KB)
Panel reports to Government
As part of its advice to the Government, the panel has provided a report to Government on:
- The Statutory Review under section 152EOA of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010
Consultation and working documents
As part of its deliberations, the panel released the following papers:
- Cost-Benefit Analysis – Analytical Framework.
- Regulatory Arrangements Paper
- Regulatory Framing Paper
Contact us in regards to cost-benefit analysis and regulation review at [email protected]